LHI’s Mission and Vision
The Latin American Health Institute is a community-based professional organization that promotes the health of the community, its institutions, families, and individuals through effective interventions that are culturally competent and technologically appropriate.
LHI subscribes to a broad-based, ecological theory and practice of public health, and espouses that only in the context of striving for the attainment of broad environmental, social and economic goals can effective health promotion and protection occur.
- Our mission and work are focused on capacity-building
- We promote interventions guided by research
- Our efforts support strengths and address needs
- We exercise a participatory management and governance
- Our programs and services have clearly enunciated outcome objectives
- LHI promotes self-reliance and discourages dependence